Current Openings at Borderless Magazine
Remote Illustration Fellow
Borderless Magazine is seeking a paid illustration fellow for the summer. Fellows are expected to work 10 hours per week for 12 weeks and produce 2-3 illustrations per week. They will receive $17 per hour and be a part-time employee. This position does not include benefits. The ideal candidate should be passionate about immigration issues.
Fellows will leave with an expanded portfolio of published work (both on the Borderless Magazine site and with partner publications) that has engaged and empowered news audiences.
Borderless Magazine is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing opportunities for a diverse group of people. Student and emerging artists from immigrant communities are especially encouraged to apply.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- produce visual content for Borderless Magazine’s stories, newsletter, social media, and promotional materials
- communicate status updates and make any requested changes in a timely manner
- work both individually and collaboratively with the rest of the Borderless team
- high level of creativity
- versatility in style and technique
- skills in drawing, design, layout, color sense
- design and illustration ability in both traditional and digital media
- Lettering and typography skills
- a strong problem-solving ability
Interested candidates should email their resume and a website and/or up to 10 samples of their work to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Illustration Fellow.” Work samples may include digital and non-digital work. The submission deadline is June 14, 2020 at 11:59PM CST.
Borderless Magazine is a nonprofit news outlet that is reimagining immigration journalism for a more just and equitable future. We are the 2018 winners of the Chicago Headline Club’s award for Best Start-up. Find out more at www.borderlessmag.org.